In the lead-up to the federal election to be held on Monday, September 20, CAPE reached out to all five political parties represented in Parliament with questions related to federal public service employees, and most relevant to our members specifically.
As the next government will have an enormous impact on your work, it is important to know each party’s position on several important themes.
Download their answers here:
- Liberal Party of Canada [PDF]
- Conservative Party of Canada [PDF]
- Bloc Québécois [PDF]
- New Democratic Party of Canada [PDF]
- Green Party of Canada – not yet available
CAPE’s questions were centered around the following themes:
- Mandatory vaccination
- Post-pandemic economic recovery plan
- Public debt
- Teleworking/remote working
- Return to the workplace, and health and safety issues
- Employment equity
- Official languages
- Federal interpreters/translators
- Mental health and safety in the workplace
- Diversity and inclusion/harassment and discrimination
- Artificial intelligence and digital transformation
- Environmental responsibility
- Retention and recruitment – Canadian federal public service
Click here to access the questions.