As a federal public service employee, you have rights and enjoy several protections. It is important to be familiar with the legal and regulatory framework that governs the workplace in order to better advocate for yourself. Know your rights!
You have a collective agreement that provides your terms and conditions of employment. There are also several federal laws that govern your workplace, as well as policies adopted by the employer to promote your rights and improve your safety and well-being in the workplace.
Become familiar with important federal laws governing the workplace
- Access to Information Act
- Employment Equity Act
- Canada Labour Code Part II
- Canadian Human Rights Act
- Financial Administration Act
- Official Languages Act
- Parliamentary Employment and Staff Relations Act
- Public Service Sector Labour Relations Act
- Public Service Employment Act
- Public Service Superannuation Act
Browse key federal government workplace policies
Click here to find all the Treasury Board Secretariat policies and directives.
Read your collective agreement
Your collective agreement regulates the terms and conditions of your employment, which makes it a critical reference document.