May 2022 - CAPE’s President, Greg Phillips is touring Canada in person this spring to connect with Locals across the country, hosting hybrid meetings that follow public health guidelines. The meetings are meant to provide Locals with updates on key issues and more broadly, to hear from them and to better understand their needs.
In 2021, members of the National Executive Committee and of the management team committed to launching consultations with Locals meant to assess their needs and challenges in view of providing them with the support needed to meet their mandates and to thrive.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Local executives have also faced new challenges that will require some adjustments. Their environment is changing fast, and CAPE wants to assist where most relevant and useful.
During this tour with the president, Local executive and members will be able to discuss the following:
- EC collective bargaining
- CAPE transformation - increasing membership services and representation
- Development of and support to locals
- Treasury Board updates, including: Public Service Health Care Negotiations, Mandatory Vaccination Policy and the Return to the Workplace Guidance.
*Note that these meetings are not part of the locals’ yearly AGMs.
>> 2022-23 Consultations
Between 2022 and 2023, Locals will be offered various opportunities to share information, ideas and feedback to CAPE via meetings with the president and their AGMs, but also through surveys, focus groups and individual interviews.
Topics anticipated include, but are not limited to:
- Member support and representation
- Constitutional Duties
- Collective bargaining
- Local member engagement and communication
- Finance and budget
- Extracurricular union activities and advocacy
- Annual calendar and cycle responsibilities
- Training and education
- Risks management: legal, financial, reputational
>> Dates and Cities
The list will be updated as meetings are confirmed. The list includes upcoming dates, though past dates are left in to show when other cities were visited.
Moncton - August 11
St. John's - August 8
Halifax - August 5
Charlottetown - August 3
Saskatoon - July 8 RSVP
Regina - July 6 RSVP
Winnipeg - July 4 RSVP
Edmonton – May 19th
Calgary - May 17th
Québec - May 2nd