We’re committed at CAPE to keeping members informed about issues related to public service collective agreements and workplace rights. We make sure you have the details and context to understand each matter and what it means for you — and serve as your advocate to bring balance to the employee-employer relationship.
Actively engaged, always up to date
The federal employment landscape is constantly changing. As new legislation, policies and procedures are developed, we participate in a variety of forums, committees and working groups to keep abreast of proposed changes and represent our members’ interests. We advocate on your behalf to protect and improve benefits and working conditions, sharing timely updates every step of the way.
We advocate on your behalf to elected officials and federal public service senior management, as well as through our participation to various committees and working groups.
Here are some of the issues we’ve been monitoring and addressing:
Committees and working groups
Here are some of the committees and working groups we are part of, please note that some committees do not have web pages:
- Advisory Council for the Centre for Wellness, Inclusion and Diversity
- Black Employee Caucus Union Advisory
- Committee for Implementation of Accessibility Act
- Employee Wellness Advisory Team
- Joint Learning Program Steering Committee
- Joint Task Force on Mental Health
- National Joint Council
- National Joint Council – Official Languages Committee
- Next Generation Human Resources and Pay task force
- Pension Advisory Committee
- Phoenix Union Management Consultation Sub-committee on Damages
- Public Service Health Care Plan Committee
- Public Service Employee Survey Committee
- Translation Bureau AI working group
- Translation Bureau Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Advisory Panel
- Treasury Board Secretariat and labour union COVID-19 working group