Labour Relations, Employment and General Matters
Members with questions pertaining to labour relations, employment or general matters are urged to call or write to the CAPE Labour Relations Officer assigned to their department, agency or region. To find out which Labour Relations Officer is assigned to you, contact the National Office by telephone at 1-800-265-9181 or 613-236-9181, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Be Prepared!
- What is performance management?
- What are my rights with respect to the contents of my performance assessment?
- What is CAPE’s role in the assessment process?
- What are the main forms of recourse available?
- What is the jurisdiction of an adjudicator?
- Am I required to sign my performance assessment?
- Should I require my employer to prepare an assessment of my performance?
- What can my manager include in my performance assessment?
- What subjects can I raise during an informal discussion with my manager or in my comments written on a separate page?
- What should I do if I disagree with the contents of my performance assessment?
- How can I be sure that my written comments have in fact been attached to the performance assessment that has been placed in my file?
Maternity leave, volunteer leave, sick leave and other leaves
- Maternity leave and parental leave
- Education Leave
- Maternity leave – Stillbirth
- Volunteer leave
- Marriage Leave or Special leave – formerly "marriage leave"
- Leave without pay for relocation of spouse or common-law partner
- Family Day
- Medical and Dental Appointments
Working conditions and the right to refuse dangerous work
The information about workforce adjustment and the frequently asked questions are on this section of the website. However, here are the links to the main documents (PDF format):
- Work Force Adjustment: Questions and Answers
- Why Alternation? - Entitlements to Consider I
- Why Alternation? - Entitlements to Consider II
- Work Force Adjustment Directive of the National Joint Council
- Accommodation, Medical Certificates and Medical Evaluations by Health Canada
- Work Force Adjustment: “Counselling” and income tax
- Public Service Health Care Plan
- Priority of Appointment to Positions in the Public Service
- Acting Executive (EX) Position