Phoenix: Important changes to the service benefit plans enrollment processNovember 01, 2016
To address the problems of the Phoenix pay system related to the public service benefit plans, Treasury Board has recently put in place temporary changes to the enrollment process.
If your application for coverage has not yet been accepted, if you are facing delays or did not receive payment of your benefits, please go to the Treasury Board website to access these new measures. They are intended to employees working for departments serviced by the Pay Centre or working for departments and organizations paid by Phoenix but not serviced by the Pay Centre.
Summary of changes:
- The changes affect employees who are paid by the Phoenix pay system
- Retroactive to September 1, 2015
- In effect until March 31, 2017
- Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP): all waiting periods are waived, coverage can be retroactive
- Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP): members on leave without pay (LWOP) may make any changes to coverage while on leave
- Public Service Dental Care Plan (PSDCP): members on LWOP who lost coverage on or after September 1, 2015, can have coverage reinstated without first returning to work
Please visit the Phoenix government website for more details and instructions on how to ensure you are covered.