Information on salary adjustments on July 12 and on retroactive pay

Whatsnext _art _e

UPDATED - Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) adjusted EC and TR payroll records the weekend of June 24 to begin paying employees in these groups at their new rates for the pay period ending June 28. Given that employees are paid in arrears, they will begin seeing new rates starting with the July 12 payday.

More information about payment in arrears can be found on the PSPC website.

We are keeping in constant touch with our counterparts at Treasury Board and Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) so we can inform you of progress as it occurs and to ensure that the process remains free of errors.

Treasury Board’s schedule for processing EC and TR pay changes is as follows:

The same process, with varying time lines, is being applied to all federal employee groups with new collective agreements.  Members of the FI group, represented by the Association of Canadian Financial Officers (ACFO), have already gone through the process without any major hitches. Conversely, about one quarter of the members of the SP group, represented by the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC), had incorrect amounts in their pay of June 14. PSPC has indicated that these errors have been corrected in the system for the June 28 pay.

We have asked Treasury Board to supervise the process closely so as to ensure that EC and TR pay amounts are transitioned without any errors.

Please, examine your statements of earnings closely starting on July 12 to ensure that you have received the salary adjustments. Your new salary rate should be reflected in the gross payment on the July 12 pay, but please bear in mind that retroactive payments will be issued over the full timeframe of implementation schedule, up to October 21.  Some may receive one full retro payment, while others may receive it in multiple payments over multiple pay periods, due to manual processing of some transactions.

If you find any mistakes in your pay, your first step should be to contact the human resources unit of your department or agency. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, do not hesitate to contact CAPE so that one of our labour relations officers can assist you.