A Reminder: Request to Reduce Tax Deductions at Source

July 13, 2006 In some cases, the Income Tax Act allows lump-sum payments, such as retroactive pay, to be issued without tax being withheld, or with a reduced amount of tax withheld.
The appropriate form to complete is a “Request to Reduce Tax Deduction at Source” and can be found here:

Please keep in mind that the Canada Revenue Agency requires that requests of this nature are made well in advance of receipt of the retroactive pay.
For those members whose contracts have recently been ratified and are about to receive a retroactive pay, it may be beneficial to contact your pay and benefits advisor for more information, at your earliest convenience.