How to report Phoenix overpayment

January 03, 2018

Pn Update F

The following information was updated on January 15, 2018:

The federal government has informed us that public servants now have until January 19, 2018 to declare overpayments. This will allow the pay centre to register overpaid amounts in the Phoenix system, thereby ensuring that your 2017 tax slips do not reflect overpaid amounts.

Additionally, employees who report their overpayments by the deadline will only see the government recover the net amounts that were overpaid. Conversely, employees who do not declare their overpayments on time will have to repay the gross amounts, including taxes and other deductions.

The pay centre has a dedicated line for employees calling to report their overpayments. To report your overpayment, please call: You may also submit a Phoenix Feedback Form to inform the Pay Centre of your situation, and no further action will be required.

As a good practice, we recommend that you keep a record of your call.

For more information, please consult the tax and repayment information for employees section of the Public Services and Procurement Canada website.

Need help?

If you are experiencing any Phoenix-related pay problems and the issue does not seem to get resolved, please contact us for assistance. Each case is different, but we may be able to assist you in getting your situation resolved.