Phoenix: We can help
Important: If you aren't receiving any pay, please contact us immediately.
If you are experiencing any Phoenix-related pay problems and the issue does not seem to get resolved, please contact us for assistance. Each case is different, but we may be able to assist you in getting your situation resolved.
Submit a compensation claim
If you have to face out-of-pocket expenses because your pay is incorrect, you can file a compensation claim with Treasury Board.
Your taxes and Phoenix
If you've started collecting the documents necessary to file your taxes, you may be wondering how all those Phoenix problems may impact you. According to Treasury Board, "employees who encountered Phoenix pay issues may seek up to $200 in reimbursement for tax advisory services in relation to their 2016 or 2017 income taxes."
If you have questions regarding overpayment or underpayments and how these might impact your taxes, we encourage you to consult the following websites:
- Government of Canada : Tax and overpayment information for employees
- Revenue Canada : Tax implications of the Phoenix pay system
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.
Public servants now have until January 19, 2018 to declare overpayments. This will allow the pay centre to register overpaid amounts in the Phoenix system, thereby ensuring that your 2017 tax slips do not reflect overpaid amounts.
Additionally, employees who report their overpayments by the deadline will only see the government recover the net amounts that were overpaid. Conversely, employees who do not declare their overpayments on time will have to repay the gross amounts, including taxes and other deductions.
The pay centre has a dedicated line for employees calling to report their overpayments. To report your overpayment, please call: 1-855-686-4729. You may also submit a Phoenix Feedback Form to inform the pay centre of your situation, and no further action will be required.
- January 23, 2018 - CAPE files complaint to the FPSLREB
- January 3, 2018 - Advisory re: government directive to report Phoenix overpayment
- December 4, 2017 - Phoenix update: CAPE files four policy grievances!
- October 31, 2017 - Phoenix update
- May 17, 2017 - Additional information on Phoenix published by Treasury Board
- April 28, 2017 - Federal public service unions react cautiously to the government working group on Phoenix
- February 24, 2017 - CAPE calls for more government action on Phoenix
- December 9, 2016 - Update on Phoenix at AGM (YouTube)
- November 1, 2016 - Important changes to the service benefit plans enrollment process
- July 29, 2016 - Phoenix on the Hill (House of Commons committee meeting)
- July 25, 2016 - Phoenix privacy breach
- June 28, 2016 - CAPE is going to court over Phoenix. Read the application
Questions and answers
PSAC, PIPSC and Treasury Board have extensive FAQ pages that might be of help.