Meetings and EventsDecember 06, 2018
CAPE members of Local 504 at the RCMP are invited to their annual general meeting on December 17th from noon to 1:00pm in the auditorium on Leikin Drive HQ RCMP.
A meal will be served, so we kindly ask that you RSVP by December 13, using the form at the bottom of the page.
- 1. Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 2. Report from the President - CAPE National Office
- 3. Update - Negotiations with Treasury Board Secretariat
- 4. Appointment of Executive Positions [President Vice-President Treasurer Secretary] and Stewards. Members in good standing that are interested to run for an Executive position can forward their application to Claude Archambault at email@example.com by December 13, 2018.
- 5. Appointments of CM ECs and CM TRs from the above Executive appointments or stewards to act as “advisors” to assist in the negotiations of working conditions that are specific to the EC CMs and TR CMs
Pursuant to item 5, if you want a say in the negotiation process CM members in the NCR are encouraged to apply as candidates on the CAPE Advisory Committee.
Roles and Responsibilities - Local Executive Positions
- a) The President or its delegate shall; be the spokesperson for the Local, chair Local meetings, attend regional and national meetings, and perform other duties as determined by the Local.
- b) The President, when not available to attend meetings, shall delegate another Executive member to attend meetings and act on behalf of the Local.
- c) The President shall be responsible to the membership and to the NEC for conduct and operation of the Local.
Vice-President - shall act in the absence of the President and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Local President or the Local Executive.
Secretary – shall record, prepare and distribute minutes of meetings, correspondences and other documents to members on behalf of the Executive. The Secretary may perform other functions, such as calling meetings, as directed by the President or the Executive.
Treasurer - shall be responsible for the finances of the Local. This includes requesting the annual rebate (where the Local has adopted this option), opening and maintaining a bank account, and preparing and providing financial statements to the members and the national office as specified by CAPE’s By-Laws.
We’d love to meet you and tell you more about the many ways your union is standing up for your rights in the workplace. National President Greg Phillips will be there to talk about the concrete actions CAPE is taking at the national level.