March 19 - Day of action
March 20, 2015
Thank your for your participation. Check our Twitter wall to see the various activities across the country.
Next Day of Action: April 20.
March 16, 2015
Why CAPE decided to establish closer ties with PSAC and PIPSC
Several members of the Canadian Association of Professional Employees reacted to the announcement that CAPE would be entering into discussions with the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC) and the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC) for the purpose of acquiring the means to overcome the obstacles which the current government has placed in its path. A number of members expressed their support for this move, while others condemned it or wondered what such an agreement would mean for CAPE’s members. I want to explain to you why such an agreement is necessary, what it really means for the union and what its impact will be on individual members.
Mobilization News, Volume 1, No. 2 – March 13, 2015
March 16, 2015
In this issue:
- The Conservatives are challenging public servants to strike
- We hear you! Your thoughts on a possible strike vote
- Can you afford to lose a week’s pay each year?
- February 19 demonstration and solidarity march
- Discussing at the table the priority issues identified by CAPE members
- We need your personal email address
- The 2013 PAFSO strike: successes and lessons learned
Acting negotiator named for the EC and TR Groups
March 13, 2015
Lionel Dionne will assume the Bargaining function for EC and TR, until September, following the Executive Director of Policy’s departure.
Mr. Dionne was the chief researcher at both tables since the beginning of bargaining and CAPE therefore secures a great degree of continuity.